Cabillaud Aux Perles
If you’d like to make this a main dish, I suggest cooking potatoes and crushing them with some unsalted butter, then placing the cod atop them.
Four 4 ounce (120g) pieces of cod loin, trimmed to rectangles that measure about 2 x 2 x 5-inches (5 x 5 x 12.5cm)
1 tablespoon (15g) unsalted butter
4 finger limes
Fleur de sel
1. Preheat the oven to 320F (160C).
2. Rinse the cod, pat it dry, and refrigerate.
3. Place the butter in a heavy, oven-proof skillet and place it in the oven to melt.
4. When the butter is melted, set the cod in the pan and return to the oven for 8 minutes.
5. While the cod is cooking, split the finger limes in half, lengthwise, and scoop out the pearls into a small dish, discarding any seeds.
6. When the cod is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it sit in the pan for 5 minutes while you continue scooping out the pearls from the limes.
7. To serve. Set a piece of cod in the center of a warmed, small plate. Season the cod with fleur de sel, then top with a line of pearls. Serve immediately.
serves 4 (first course)