As well as being close to Paris, with access off the Autoroute 13, Louviers is:
- 25 minutes from Rouen and its ancient city center;
- 40 minutes from historic sights on the Normandy coast;
- 2 1/2 hours from the Normandy landing beaches;
- An hour and 15 minutes from Chartres and its renowned cathedral;
- 25 minutes from the Monet home and studio at Giverny;
- 20 minutes from Richard the Lion Heart’s Chateau Gaillard;
- Within easy driving distance of the country towns of Le Neubourg, Honfleur, Trouville, and Deauville;
- Approximately one and a half hours from Bayeux, with its historic tapestry and lovely city center;
- About one and a half hours from Fecamp and Etretat on the Normandy Coast;
- World-class golfing;
- A haven for fly fishing.
For More Information
The Normandy Tourism Board web site has a wealth of information about things to do in the area including shopping, sightseeing, restaurants, and much more. The site is available in several languages, including English.