- 1 cup (250ml) Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (see recipe
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed juice
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup (to give ¼ cup when minced) bunch chives
- teaspoon ½toasted cumin finely ground, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon Piment d’Espelette or a blend of mild and hot paprika or to taste
Place the yogurt and the mayonnaise in a medium-sized bowl and whisk them together. Whisk in the lemon juice, shallot, and the garlic.
Mince the chives and whisk them into the sauce, along with the cumin and piment d’Espelette or paprika.
Season to taste with salt, and add additional lemon juice and/or spices, to your taste. This sauce keeps well in the refrigerator for about 5 days.