- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar 60ml
- 3 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup neutral oil 60ml, untoasted peanut is my favorite
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil 180ml
Place the vinegar and the mustard in a medium-sized bowl and whisk together. Whisk in the salt, then slowly whisk in the oils. Your vinaigrette is likely to be quite thick; if it is too thick for your liking, whisk in some warm water. Taste for seasoning, and adjust accordingly. Transfer the vinaigrette base to a bottle or container of your choice, and reserve for those salad moments. The vinaigrette doesn't need to be refrigerated, unless you don't plan to use it.