- 2-1/4 cups (360g) unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon – optional
- ¾ cup (75g) vanilla sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup grain seed, or nut milk, 125ml
- 4 ounces (120g) 52 to 70% chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 375F (190C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Sift the dry ingredients onto a piece of parchment paper.
In a large bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk together the sugar, the oil, vanilla, and the milk until thoroughly combined.
With the mixer running at slow speed, add the dry ingredients, mixing just until they are thoroughly incorporated. Don’t over-mix the dough or the cookies will be tough.
Add the chocolate chips (or pieces), mixing just until they are combined.
Place the dough by generous tablespoons on the baking sheets, leaving about 1-inch (2.5cm) between the cookies.
Bake until the cookies are golden, about 22 minutes.
Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer them immediately to a cooling rack.