- 4 cups watercress leaves about ½ bunch
- cup ½flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 shallots chopped
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mince together watercress, parsley, shallots, lemon zest and garlic, then transfer to a bowl. Immediately stir in vinegar, then oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and let sit at least 30 minutes before serving. The pesto will keep, refrigerated, for two days.
Active Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes